Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pizza, Pizza!

I have a slight obsession with pizza. I love it, adore it and would happily eat it for every meal if I could. For me, there is no such thing as bad pizza... even bad pizza is good pizza. Yum. 

We like to make pizza for dinner, and we do almost every week. I was raised in a house where my mom made our pizza dough from scratch, and whereas that is very much my thing, I usually just buy ready-made dough. Either way, I thought I'd share with you about my pizza addiction and show you how we do it.


These are the usual suspects:
- Trader Joe's Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough
- Diced Tomatoes
- Turkey Pepperoni
- Black Olives
- Artichoke Hearts
- Mozarella Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano

So I start by sprinkling my pizza stone with a bit of cornmeal so everything doesn't stick to the bottom. This also adds a nice crunch to the dough. 


Then it's all about stretching the dough. Normal people use a rolling pin and a bit of flour... I just stretch it out with my hands. I have tried the rolling pin method and it makes me crazy... so this method is just easier for me... but to each their own. 

Then I add my mountain of toppings. This picture does not do it justice but there is a ton of stuff on the top of that crust. I use the diced tomatoes in place of the sauce and then add the turkey pepperoni (and lots of it since it is much lower in fat than regular pepperoni!), then the olives, artichoke hearts, a sprinkling of the garlic & oregano and then top it off with the mozzarella.


And this is our end result - YUM!

And that's how we do it, kids. Easy, delicious and you can even say you ate vegetables (although, I'm fairly confident that 2/3rds of the "vegetables" on the pizza are really fruits.. oh well!)

We're also huge fans of BBQing pizza... but I'll save that for another time... closer to summer.

This is my husband... we just finished a 3 mile run and we were both very excited to eat our pizza. 

 This is our dog, Zoey.... she was hoping we would drop some of the pizza on the floor. Silly Zoey... I would never let pizza hit the floor.

 Yum... Pizza..

No comments:

Post a Comment