Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oye Vey!

Now that we are pretty much moved in to our house.. and the parts that aren't moved in are just going to stay that way for a while.. I am back to baking.

First, I will start with the BAGELS!
Maybe it's the Jewish in us.. even though neither of us are Jewish... but Mark and I made bagels last week & I am just now getting around to posting - slow poke, I know! Anyway, here are some pictures of our process.


These are our bebes after resting & about to go under the broiler for 2 minutes.


Here are the bebes post broil, now boiling for 7 minutes. This is what makes them chewy on the inside!


Here's everyone out of the oven and resting.


We just couldn't believe how perfect these came out! They were so delicious too! Mark and I split one right out of the oven & it was delightful. I took the rest to work the next day with some home-mixed flavored cream cheese & they were gobbled up!

Next time we'll try some festive flavors but these were an excellent start!
Mazel Tov!

1 comment: