Sunday, August 19, 2012

Project Brownies: Raspberry

Project Brownies: Raspberry

Part 2 of my social experiment had me adding fresh raspberries and chocolate chips to our brownie mix. 
 Again, gathered the usual suspects: Mix, Eggs, Water, Vegetable Oil
Added Special Guests: Fresh Raspberries & Chocolate Chips
 Hello, Raspberries!
 Now we will mash you!!
 You could also put them in a blender/chopper.. but I like a little texture so I opted just to mash them up.  Yum!
 I poured half the brownie mix in the greased pan - I opted for placing the fruit in the middle of the brownies so it would stay moist and not get too dried out by the heat of the oven.
 Then, as if raspberries were not enough, I sprinkled some chocolate chips around before spreading the rest of the brownie batter on top. 
 Off to bake!
 Beautiful! One note - I suggest baking these a few minutes longer than you would if you were making plain brownies. For the Nutella Brownies, I think I baked them for abut 25 minutes. For these - I would say at least 27-28 minutes. The fruit adds a bit of extra moisture to the batter and I think it could definitely stand to bake just a touch longer. Mine were pretty gooey... but still delicious... no complaints!
You can actually SEE the raspberries in this bite. Just saying.

Cheers to the Cook!



Chocolate Raspberry Brownies


1 box of brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker)

Ingredients for this mix:
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup vegetable oil

1 package of fresh raspberries
1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, but milk chocolate or white chocolate would be amazing, too!)

Grease a glass 9x13 pan; heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all above ingredients together in a large bowl with beaters until well combined. 
Empty half of the brownie mix into your greased pan. 

Mash fresh raspberries up with potato masher until they are pretty broken up and spreadable. Carefully spread them on top of brownie mix in the baking pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips on top.

Add the remaining half of the brownie mixture on top.

Bake for abut 27-28 minutes in the oven. Brownies should be a bit firm to the touch but still quite moist when you take them out of the oven. Leave in the pan to cool.

Cut into desired size & serve warm. Or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment