Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Good and Bad Things

Today is one of those days... good things.. then not-so-good things.. Hopefully to be followed by more good things.

I am back on Weight Watchers trying to shed the unwanted baby weight - and today when I weighed in I was down 3.8 lbs! Christmas you are no match for ME! It was a great motivator for me to stay on track. I am down a total of 5.4 lbs since I started about a month ago and that makes me feel hopeful that someday soon I might actually fit back into my jeans & my wedding band.
That was the good..

...the bad is that Drew got his first round of vaccines today. I think I actually felt my heart rip a little when he started waling from the 3 needles being stabbed in his thighs. The nurse, God bless her, was very quick but nothing could quite prepare me for the total anguish that my 10-week old son was going through - both physically and I assume a touch of mentally & emotionally as well. He's been sleeping for roughly 2 hours now and seems to want to block this day out by continuing on a marathon nap. I know all kids go through this & he will not remember it even as early as later today but still, going through that for the first time is a bit overwhelming. When they put the bandaids on the baby they should also hand the mom and nice glass of wine to calm her. Needless to say, I will probably partake in that glass of wine later today.

In some whimsical way I think that today's little medical adventure is a good preparation for parents; there will be times when our kids have to go through sucky things and all we can do is stroke their heads, tell them it's ok & promise that you will stay with them until it's all better... and then head straight for the booze.

Just kidding... sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment